Internationalisation of Higher Education
Policy and Practice
Aims & Scope
Designed for internationalisation professionals, policymakers, and higher education leaders, Internationalisation of Higher Education – Policy and Practice examines internationalisation policies, processes, and activities, addressing key issues in the internationalisation of higher education, and placing them in the context of global developments.
The peer-reviewed journal focuses on how international, regional, national, and institutional policy changes, trends, and initiatives impact practice. It provides broad coverage of issues, such as:
- governance, leadership and management of internationalisation;
- funding for internationalisation;
- internationalisation strategies and activities;
- equity in and access to internationalisation;
- student and staff mobility;
- international cooperation;
- capacity building through internationalisation;
- innovation in internationalisation;
- teaching and learning with an international/intercultural dimension;
- international research cooperation;
- internationalisation and societal engagement;
- quality assurance of internationalisation.
Authors may use a variety of approaches in their articles such as case studies, surveys, analysis of trends, reports on the impact of practices and policies, etc. Whatever the approach used, the article must have a clearly defined methodology, analyse data properly according to common scientific standards, and draw justified conclusions. Articles should not be merely descriptive or anecdotal, and authors should generally avoid the use of the first person.
Internationalisation of Higher Education – Policy and Practice is published four times a year, includes 5–7 articles per edition and is available both in print and online.
Information About Authors, Editorial Board, & Publisher
The Complementary Website Aims to
inform you about the contents, authors, and editors of the publication. Moreover, it will provide you, as a subscriber, with free access to an electronic version of all the articles published in the journal.
are leading practitioners and experts from the respective fields. For a complete list of authors please click on the “Authors” button. If you are interested in submitting a manuscript, please click on the tab „Article Submission“ to learn more.
The Editorial Board
comprises a diverse team of eight experienced leaders in the field of higher education. To find out more about the editorial team, please click on the “Editors” button.