- Article length: 3,000 to 5,000 words; abstract: 100 words.
- Use only one level of headings.
- Add margin notes and line numbers to your manuscript: The main points of your article should also appear as notes in the margins of the publication (see sample articles). Please choose these notes and include them as normal text just above the relevant part of the text, in bold type and within brackets, and with a note stat-ing that they are margin notes, in order to assist with the later formatting, e.g. [margin note: top down processes at work].
- Submit your documents as .doc or .docx files.
- Submit your article in two separate documents: manuscript document and cover page.
- Manuscript document with title, the abstract, and the article.
- Cover page with title, abstract, five keywords, authors’ names and addresses, email addresses, and short biography.
- Send portrait pictures of all authors and figures you want to include in your article separately as JPG files with a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- Include tables in the same text document as your manuscript.
- Please submit your article in English.
- Avoid contractions.
- Use inclusive and gender-neutral language.
- You may use text boxes, figures and/or illustrations, tables, and/or summary of main points to underline the practical, hands-on approach of your manuscript.
Citations & References
- Please provide a coherent and functional reference system.
- Please format your citations and references according to APA Style 7th edition.
- Insert the date you last accessed the online references: “All electronic sources were correct on 14 October 2020.”
- Please submit your manuscript and any other relevant document/file via Manuscript Manager.
- Make sure that the article document is properly anonymised and that any personal information is invisible to reviewers.
- Please note that when you submit a manuscript to Internationalisation of Higher Education – Policy and Practice, along with the requested author information, DUZ Academic Publishers will save the information to be able to contact you during the review and production processes and in the future. By submitting a manuscript, you thus consent that the submitted information will be stored by DUZ Academic Publishers. It will never be sold or shared with third parties.
TRENDS AND ISSUES:
- a) India Takes New Initiatives for Internationalisation of Higher Education
- b) The Harmonisation of African Quality Assurance and Accreditation for Regional and International Relevance
Peer Review Process
To ensure high quality of academic content, we introduced a double-blind peer review process in 2020. Every article submitted to the Journal will be reviewed in that way on the platform Manuscript Manager.
The Product Manager formally checks every manuscript before assigning it to an Editorial Board Member (‘responsible Editor’) who then evaluates the article before the peer review process starts. Manuscripts can be rejected at this point, most particularly if they do not fit the scope of the Journal.
After a positive evaluation, the responsible Editor appoints two Peer Reviewers by use of keywords and/or areas of expertise the Reviewers have indicated in their profiles. The Reviewers have four weeks to prepare a detailed review and submit it to the responsible Editor. Once the feedback is provided by the Reviewers, the Editor shares the result of the review process with the Authors. The result can be ‘Accept’, ‘Revise – minor revisions’, ‘Revise – major revisions’, or ‘Reject’. At this point of the review process, a professional language editing may be recommended. The organisation lies within the responsibility of the Authors.
Authors prepare a revised version of their manuscript within four (‘Minor revisions’) to six weeks (‘Major revisions’) and resubmit it on Manuscript Manager. A second revision by the responsible Editor follows and an email that informs the Authors about the final decision to accept or reject the article for publication. (If necessary, Peer Reviewers will be asked to review the article a second time and/or another Member of the Editorial Board is consulted.)
- relevance of the article for internationalisation of higher education;
- article offers useful advice for practitioners and/or policymakers;
- article is well structured and findings/concepts are clearly presented;
- article is analytical as well as descriptive and well written;
- article is situated within the relevant literature (if applicable for the paper);
- relevance of the article beyond the country/countries of the author(s);
- general strengths and weaknesses of the paper.
If the article is accepted, the Product Manager takes over and proofreads the article before sending it back to the Authors for one last revision. Authors are then required to submit a revised and final version of their manuscript which is subsequently prepared for publishing by the Product Manager (i.e. layout, last check).
Deadlines for Upcoming Issues
Please note that the deadlines provided here are for your information and orientation—except for the submission deadlines. We do our best to provide a thorough and speedy peer review process, nonetheless delays cannot always be avoided.
Note: Of course, articles can be submitted at any time. In that case the deadlines for the upcoming issue apply.
- Submission article: 31 October 2020
- Feedback by Editor: 15 December 2020
- Resubmission article: 15–31 January 2021
- Decision by Editorial Board: 1–15 February 2021
- Proofreading by Product Manager: 15–20 February 2021
- Submission of final version: 28 February 2021
- Publication: 30 March 2021
- Submission article: 13 December 2020
- Feedback by Editor: 31 January 2021
- Resubmission article: 28 February – 15 March 2021
- Decision by Editorial Board: 15–31 March 2021
- Proofreading by Product Manager: 31 March – 20 April 2021
- Submission of final version: 15 May 2021
- Publication: 29 June 2021
- Submission article: 31 March 2021
- Feedback by Editor: 15 May 2021
- Resubmission article: 15–30 June 2021
- Decision by Editorial Board: 30 June – 15 July 2021
- Proofreading by Product Manager: 15–31 July 2021
- Submission of final version: 15 August 2021
- Publication: 27 September 2021
- Submission article: 30 April 2021
- Feedback by Editor: 15 June 2021
- Resubmission article: 15–31 July 2021
- Decision by Editorial Board: 31 July – 15 August 2021
- Proofreading by Product Manager: 1–20 September 2021
- Submission of final version: 15 October 2021
- Publication: 7 December 2021